Thursday, July 15, 2010

Edge of Darkness

Title: Edge of Darkness
Genre: Crime/Drama/Thriller
Rating: R
Lead Actor/Actress: Mel Gibson

Homicide detective Thomas Craven ivestigates the murder of his daughter and uncovers her secret life involving corporate cover-up and goverment issued assiassinations.

The movie begins slowly, but stick with it. The inciting incident shoots off quickly when Thomas's daughter is murdered right before his eyes. The movie as a hole is extremley graphic when it comes to the murders and I won't lie, I looked away frequently because of it. The story interweaves various characters that are forbidden by law to give Craven any information. At the end of the movie, the audience is left feeling like the crimes are not fully justified, but have potential to be. In addition, Gibson's role is very powerful and his acting was exceptional.

Would I see this movie again? Yes.
Would I buy this movie to watch over and over? No.
I would rate this movie: 3 1/2 star.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm.... I have not seen this one, I may have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete